Monday, March 31, 2008

The Bet

I just made a wager with one of the fastest marathoners on the Dana-Farber team -- none other than the Bluestocking Runner!

Our wager is, of course, based on the race. As a Boston qualifier, the BR will start in the first wave -- a few corrals and several minutes ahead of me. (Her number is 6066; that is, she is runner 66 in corral 6. My number is 22175.)

We are racing gun time, not chip time. That is, whoever crosses the finish line first is the winner.
If I finish first, then she must read Gravity's Rainbow.
If she finishes first (by far the more likely scenario), then I must read Pride & Prejudice.

As if I needed more motivation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great book, and from what I can tell (I've only read The Crying of Lot 49) a lot less... labor-intensive than Gravity's Rainbow.

Anonymous said...

I love what the lady said about you . . . she has to remind herself that she's married and old enough to be your mother! What a stud!