Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Arbeit Eats

I take some flak because my diet is . . . different. (How many apples do you eat a day? Dude, that cannot be good for you.) So I decided to post meals I enjoy. Because I have no great love for cooking by myself, for myself, all suggestions will be quick and easy to make. Most important, though, I eat healthy.

Speedy Spinach Salad

1 bag spinach
1 red pepper
1 avocado
6-7 crimini mushrooms
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/3 lb sunflower seeds (raw, hulled)
Mustard

Just wash, chop, mix and stir. This salad has everything. The mustard is the key -- salad dressing is not only expensive but also not great for you. Mustard (my mustard at least) has nothing but nutrients and some sodium. Zero empty calories. If you need carbohydrates too, enjoy your greens with a fresh local organic whole grain loaf. Like Wonder Bread.

NB This salad has no wheat and no dairy. (Wonder Bread has wheat. Allegedly.)

Till next time, when I post about my favorite fast lunch!

3 comments:

Lauren Krzynowek said...

Jeff, I don't buy this whole you eating thing... the only thing I've ever seen you eat is olives...


Miss you!!

-Lauren

Linds said...

JSA - sounds like this salad is free of vital wheat glutens. I like it. Please have a salad like this ready for me and Laur when we come down to visit. I still am just as nervous as Krzy though about your eating habits.

Miss ya babe
L-dubs

Anonymous said...

Let's eat out when I'm there. You're a sick man.